Review Time’s Facebook and the Facebook Comment System on our website are an open forum for comments and feedback on our published stories. However, Review Times reserves the right to remove any comment, report users for misconduct, and block users who abuse the commenting system in any way. Review Times screens comments as much as it can, but will not be held responsible for any misconduct by a user or between users.
- The content of all comments on our Facebook page are immediately released into the public domain, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be read by the general public.
- The content of all comments on our website using the Facebook Comment System are NOT immediately released into the public domain. These comments are held until approved by our staff and generally released to the public within 24 hours of the comment being submitted.
- Review Times reserves the right to delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups. This also includes any abbreviations or variations of words with the same meaning.
- Review Times will delete comments that contain another person’s personal information such as home address, personal phone number, etc.
- Review Times will delete comments that are clearly off-topic or that promote services or products.
- Review Times will delete any “mass commenting”, duplicate and/or repetitive posting on multiple stories.
- Review Times has the right to challenge any negative review of itself on our Facebook page.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
- Review Times comment section is intended for personal Facebook pages only. Any comments made by a business page or a group page can be removed.
- Do not post personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed.
- Review Times does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments, report users or block user that do not adhere to these standards.
The Courier screens comments between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. After hours and weekends will be monitored intermittently.
To report any misconduct: 1.) Use the Facebook tools to report/block a user 2.) Message The Courier on Facebook* 3.) Email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org 4.) Contact Review Times Internet Dept. at 419-427-8449
* Review Times will respond to Messages and Posts to Page, sent to us via Facebook, generally within 24 hours during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m). These areas are reviewed by The Editor, Circulation Manager and Digital Media Manager.