Tho’ my life was in a rut
“Till I thought of what I’d say
Which connection I should cut – Peter Gabriel
Never have been a fan of New Year resolutions.
Why wait until Dec. 31 to improve one’s life? Just make that change, right?
Yet I decided to make improvements during 2018.
- Read a book from beginning to end in one sitting. Wow. That’s intense. Who has the time – and energy – for this? In one sitting, no less?
- Golf more. My doctor wants me to exercise more. He’s starting to repeat this often to me, so I guess it’s something I should take serious.
- Eat less food, while trying to eat healthier. Again, this is a doctor’s order or at least I think that’s what he said. If he ever tells me to give up pizza, I’ll just tell him to kill me instead, so I’ll save on the co-payment.
- Be more patient with other drivers. A tall order. Why should I be angry with someone who is texting and driving? They must be really important since they must be in constant contact with other important people discussing important topics, like their favorite foods.
- Spend time making more resolutions…