REINEKE FORD   ||   NEWS UPDATES

One hurt in evening blaze

web SMainFire1

BRIAN BOHNERT / the Review Times

Representatives from Fostoria Fire Division and Fostoria Police Department respond to a residential structure fire at 533 S. Main St. Tuesday evening. The blaze started shortly after 7 p.m. in the kitchen of the residence. Maynard Eatherton III, the homeowner, said he had just recently had back surgery and fell over in a chair when his wife rushed out of the kitchen and into the living room to help him. She was in the kitchen cooking and knocked hot grease off the stove when rushing to her husband’s aid. Eatherton said he, his wife and their two grandchildren made it out of the home safe; however, he said his wife did suffer minor burns. “At that point, our main priority was just getting those kids out safe,” Eatherton said. “We don’t care about any of that other stuff; just the kids.” Firefighters made their way inside the residence, breaking windows to release smoke after extinguishing the fire. According to radio traffic, police officers were initially having difficulty getting power to the home shut off so firefighters could safely enter the residence. Red Cross was called to assist the family.

 

Comments

comments

About the Author